Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December Challenge: 1,000 words

There's the old saying that a photo is worth 1,000 words.  Give us a photo with that impact. A photo  that sums up some significant event  of your 2013 … or  1,000 words about a pivotal moment in 2013.
this isn't a pivotal moment, but it was special. having just moved back to the us, as spring approached so did the fireflies. the year before I had told the princess there were fairies in the garden. She was 6 going on 15 so she gave me that "there are no such thing as fairies mom, what do you think I am, five?" look, but you can imagine her face  when  we went outside and these little flying things started to shine
- "are they really fairies mommy?"

the face was priceless. so as our second year here approached, I looked up from my desk to see the fairies were back. Kids were in bed but I thought this is just one of those moment. so I took them out from bed, we ran to the garden with a blanket to lie on the grass and look at the fairies.  of course, it quickly turned into a fairy hunt, as they ran around giggling and trying to catch them. 

these are the moments that make the routine and everything else worth it. These are the moments I know I will look back on in old age and say, "I'm glad I got them out of bed for that"

what "magic" photos and moments did you have this year?