Tuesday, October 30, 2012

dedicating the October family self portrait to Frankenstorm Sandy

Boerum Hill, Brooklyn

***

I had all these ideas in my head... and then came Sandy. Nobody invited her, and she left without settling the bill, so good bye and good riddance.

Also, I blame Sandy for the disappearance of  half of the month of October which slipped by without my noticing. I'm pretty sure her whaling goblins took it.  

and  yeah, three days ago we were in short sleeve and barefoot at night. Damn you Sandy for reminding fall it was time to move in.


***


The family self portrait  project started in January 2011.

I take one portrait of the whole family, myself included, once a month.  Wherever we are, whatever we are doing.

Sometimes it's planned. Mostly, it's not.

I started doing this mainly because I realised that I was never in any of the family photos. 

It was meant to last  for the duration of 2011, but we are  enjoying it so much that it has carried on into 2012. Don't know when or where it will end. 

Every family should do this. Won't you give it a try and share with us?

To see previous months click on the links below:


2012
September - Coney Island
August - Park Slope
July 2012 - Matherland
June 2012 - hope
April 2012 - castaways
March 2012 - hell is the other
February 2012 - lazy mornings in bed
January 2012 - mimes

2011
December 2011- Occupy your life
November- BAM!
August - waiting for Irene, yeah, the hurricane