Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 20: a gift

Prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year? (Waxman Literary Agency @hroot)



so (for once) I'm not going to go with anything sappy and deep. Partly because -been there done that- partly because I've had one of those days where I'd really much rather NOT write, and NOT thank anything.


So I'm going with these. I bought them yesterday. You will notice they have heels, and you will recall I said I DON'T wear heals. 


These shoes are made by Dutch architects. they were for sale one block from my house in Holland, and I stared at them in adoration for nearly 2 years hoping someone I loved bought them, I couldn't because, with those heels, I'd never wear them, so what would be the point. 


Then the other day I saw them here but with like half the heel. Perfect.  TheHubs says they are same. whatever. I bought them, put them on and LOVE them. they are sooooo comfortable.




so here they are, my present to me. I was on my good girl list this year