Tuesday, November 8, 2011

on (mental) transit otherwise known as time travel

there's something about this photo that I really love. I don't know if it is the colors or the texture...
BTW, in the back the hood is up and someone is trying to get the motor running


Apologies for the radio silence. I'm stuck in a  time machine, after several  days run up where my left brain was preparing a dinosaur party while my right brain was trying to ensure that I was fully prepared for my mission to Ethiopia. 

In short, my left brain rocked, my right brain did not.

I thought I was arriving 2 pm  Monday and decided to take it easy and start on the following morning. Instead I arrived 2am, which gave me a full day to myself to prepare and maybe even go for a stroll before getting on the conveyor belt. Unfortunately, it was 2am on the following morning, so a couple of hours after I’d gone to bed I got a call from the Lobby as I was already late for my first meeting.

"but it's Monday??"
"no mam, it's Tuesday"

when's the last time you had that conversation...

My clothes are completely inappropriate. I went with the “I’m going to Africa. I will be warm”


Africa - 2
Right brain - love  

I brought no socks and no back up flu meds, and have of course picked up the flu on the time machine (otherwise known as plane), as well as a sensitive tooth…

I am attaching a photo of the crank needed in order to open and close the window in the car that is providing me transport….

No comments: