Friday, June 17, 2011

Things I'll miss from Holland when I'm gone 1_ bike rides through the forest

So inevitably my posts are going to be about the move in the coming weeks... (ok, perhaps months.) And I think it is easy to predict that many of them are going to be somewhat melancholic.

This will be my 13th international move (in case some of you were wondering). You'd think I'd be used to it by now but no, I'm not, they still stress the hell out of me, and inevitably at some point I will ask my husband for a divorce and blame the entire world for my choices.

Damn right too.

One thing I started to do a few moves back is to write down a list of things I will miss from the place I leave behind. I do it so I will not forget the less obvious ones. I do it because I like to savour the last mouthful.

So here goes number one: riding my bike through the parks. This photo was taken one such day, I think it was last summer. The view & light were so stunning that I just had to stop and try to capture it.


No comments: