Tuesday, November 30, 2010

on art, street children and altruism (or christmas shopping)


I lived in Cambodia for three years.
I became a mother in Cambodia.
I am writing a book, and Phnom Penh is one of the characters.


It will always have a special place in my heart, in my story.

So whenever I am approached for fundraising initiatives in Cambodia I inevitably respond:

"yes"

Last year I donated (and sold) two photographs for the 'Ray of Light' initiative, which raised money to support children living in prison with their incarcerated mothers.

This year I was approached by Camille to help her raise funds to finish the documentary 'The Altruist", which focuses on John McGinley's and the establishment of M’Lop Tapang , an organization that serves street-children and young people ‘at risk’ of abuse, both violent and sexual.

Some amazing award winning photographers have donated to this cause. I'm humbled to be among them. A beautiful signed print would make a wonderful holiday present, and the fact that it helped to pay for the last leg of this documentary, a great story to go with it. So why not check it out?

Click here to check the photographers out

No comments: