Thursday, November 25, 2010

It's official, I lack sufficient vanity


I'm the sort of person that often dresses "informal- casual" with a twist of "I got out of bed and did not have time for anything better"

This style becomes apparent after noon, when I have to go pick up the monkeys from school. Before noon I am normally in my pijamas.

In the eighties it was so much easier. I could call it "grunge" and feel cool about it.

Bottom line is: most of the time, I really don't give a damn.

I have been trying to work on it. I go for the more feminine tops when shopping, and then continue wearing the old ones on a daily basis.... but I figure that somewhere down the line I will only have the "fancy ones" left, and my style will improve by sheer force of will.

But this week it becomes official: I clearly lack some sort of "vanity" self control monitor.

A few weeks ago the Body Blogger Calendar asked for people to submit photographs on the theme of body image. I sent one from early on in my first pregnancy. It is -in my view- a beautiful photograph that depicts not only the enlarged tummy, but also the blue veins running through my body. Those veins had me mesmerized and I made many attempts at photographing them. The photograph has been treated with high contrast, and it is in red and black. Quite poetic and beautiful.

But of course, when they asked me to do a guest blog on it, I could not help myself and proceeded to attach another one that, on anyone's books, makes it official: I lack sufficient vanity.

But...if you want to see it, you are going to have to go and read my guest post on @BBC2011.

2 comments:

Soli said...

link please!!

angelica said...

THE RED/ORANGE text is a link. I added what I hope is a second even more specific and clear link for those of you less blog savy. Not pointing any fingers here....